Training, Workshops, Events
Training, Workshops, Events
Life Centered Therapy Year I Training
The Life Centered Therapy Year I Training invites you into an expansive integrative worldview.
- Learn about the Seven Steps that we think are required for true transformation to occur
- Learn Five Step Healing Process Protocol to heal trauma in order to help yourself and others to live the life you choose in the world.
- How to work with archetypal themes that may be out of conscious awareness, such as neglect, betrayal, loss, violence… which are the foundation that can connect many different and seemingly unrelated intentions
- How to distinguish between patterns that describe the traumas themselves and patterns that describe how we protect and limit ourselves in reaction to traumas.
- 105 hours long, typically broken out into one three day introductory weekend and 12 subsequent days as 4 three day weekends.
- Weekend I of the Training is Stand-alone
- Learn the fundamentals of the Five Step Healing Process Protocol and twenty Practices
- Earn 21 Social Work CEUs
- ~Most people after experiencing the power of the work, decide to commit to the year-long training.~
- Certificate of Completion awarded
- Certification as Life Centered Therapy practitioner available (see below)
Certification as a Life Centered Therapy Practitioner entitles you to have a listing on the practitioner page of the website. The following requirements must be met to be certified:
- Score 90% or higher on a written test
- Facilitate, write-up and submit 50 sessions done with clients
- Receive 20 sessions (many of these sessions both facilitating and receiving, can be done during the training program)
- Have 6 hours of individual supervision
- Complete an Ethics course (if not a licensed mental health professional)
- Display competence in session performed in front of your instructor
Life Centered Therapy Year II Training:
Four 3 Day workshops – 84 hours long
The Life Centered Therapy Year II Training
- Invites you to look at your own process and limitations so that you are able to be more authentically present with your clients, so that while you may hope for certain outcomes for them, you are non-attached to results.
- Learn to listen and pay attention more intently so you are able to hear on multiple levels – literal, symbolic, metaphoric, archetypal, metaphysical, systemic, so that you are able to guide you clients more deeply and broadly.
- Learn to facilitate the other six steps of the Seven Steps of Transformation and work with couples, groups and larger systems.
Master Classes for Life Centered Therapy Year 1 Training Graduates
Master classes are limited to those Life Centered Therapy students who have completed the Year I Training. The intention of the class is to address participants’ issue around understanding the Life Centered Therapy framework and using it with clients. The agenda is co-created building off the intentions of the attendees. Students have found this deeply powerful both in accelerating their understanding of an expanded worldview and their capacity to apply it to themselves and clients.
Life Centered Therapy offers Enneagram workshops ranging from a 90 minute lecture to a weekend-long workshop. Both introductory and advanced workshops are offered. You learn through lecture, type interview/conversation and teaching off experiential exercises. Advanced workshops on particular aspects of the system (Centers, Subtypes, Higher Aspects of the Points… ), topics of interest (Relationships, Money…) and spiritual growth (Energetic Loss of Self, Transformation of Fears using the Essence Process…) are particularly valuable to those seeking greater understanding of this ancient system.
Two Hour Introductions to Life Centered Therapy
A simple overview of the framework is presented. A demonstration of the work with an attendee using the Five Step Healing Process Protocol makes the presentation come alive and particularly allows you the opportunity to experience the power of accessing the wisdom of the body.
A Day Long Guided Self Healing Workshop
A simplified healing protocol, we call Guided Self Healing, is presented and demonstrated. We then instruct you in the use of this protocol so that you are able to use it at home. Included in the day is a Muscle-testing practicum followed by a presentation of seven energetic practices to support you as you work to make constructive changes in your life You have an opportunity to both guide and experience the process.
Does this approach work with children?
Life Centered Therapy works well with children. They seem to love this process because it’s both powerful AND fun, accessing their natural ability to open to energy and imaginal realms.
How might I benefit from taking the Training Course if I don’t want to be a Life Centered Therapy Facilitator?
You will benefit by having a very deep learning and healing experience in community. You will learn the techniques to facilitate your own healing or anyone you care to work with. The training makes explicit the foundational aspect of what is happening during a session. By learning this foundational aspect, you may find a new way of making sense of the world; this new way may challenge your realities and is really an initiatory process that opens you to a deeper knowing of life, yourself and others.
Who are your students? Do I need a specific background to take the Life Centered Therapy Training course?
Our students are people from a wide variety of backgrounds including physicians, psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, psycho-therapists, body-workers, yoga instructors, social workers, mothers and fathers, journalists, internet technology people, educators, corporate executives and people who are incorporating a deeper experience of healing into their everyday life. While there are no formal prerequisites to this course, what is really needed is a commitment to being open to a potential new world view and the implication of that view on our human experience.
Who are the Life Centered Therapy Trainers?
Like the students, Life Centered Therapy Trainers have varied backgrounds. While some of them are licensed mental health practitioners, others do not come from a mental health background. They have all, however, met rigorous standards in a two-year certification Training and Supervision Program designed to ensure thorough knowledge of Life Centered Therapy, the Enneagram, group dynamics, healing individuals and collectives and teaching skills. This is followed by an apprenticeship program where prospective teachers are mentored.
I would like to organize a Life Centered Therapy training in my local area. How do I get started?
Call us! We’re happy to help you. We have organizational steps for gathering people and making it happen that will make this easy for you. Our minimum number for a first weekend training is eight people. We compensate our organizers based on the number of people they gather.
My friends and I would like to have a weekend of healing using Life Centered Therapy. Would you facilitate our healing without our needing to learn the Life Centered Therapy framework?
Yes! We happily lead group healing experiences from a few hours to many days long. We describe the work and do a demonstration with one person to familiarize everyone with the process, then lead the group in healing their individual and collective intentions for the balance of our time together. People from all over the country have enjoyed and benefited from these group healings. Contact us to help you get started.