Life Centered Therapy
The basic premise of Life Centered Therapy is that all of our symptoms and the suffering associated with them are an invitation to become aware of and integrate the life experiences we have as yet been unable to handle.
When we are able to re-member these experiences and come into a balanced relationship with them, either our symptoms go away or our relationship to our problem(s) change so we can handle it/them with a sense of equanimity, courage and grace.
Life Centered Therapy has been used successfully for the following:
- Physical: Chronic Pain, Asthma, Allergies, Respiratory Illnesses, Crohn’s Disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Idiopathic Diseases (those of unknown origin) and others
- Emotional: Depression, Anxiety, Phobias, Addictions, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Loss and Violence Traumas, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Sexual Dysfunction, and Major Mental Illnesses
- Mental: Paranoia, Obsessions, Limiting and Negative Beliefs about the Self and the World Relationship: Releasing destructive patterns and reducing reactivity/getting your buttons pushed
- Spiritual: Alienation, Despair, Inertia
What makes Life Centered Therapy so effective?
- LCT opens us to the intelligence of Life
- LCT presumes nothing about the nature of reality and therefore what is the cause of your problem – in that simple lack of presumption, it opens us to solutions that would not be considered in other frameworks
- LCT teaches you how to access your deepest wisdom in the service of healing. By focusing kinesthetically on the part of you that has the problem, you literally transform the problem in an immediate way rather than just talking about it.